SUONARE@FOLKEST and ALBERTO CESA AWARD
National selection of bands and solo artists partecipating to the 2018 edition of Folkest
Folkest introduces two musical awards, in order to give relevance to music that beyond being tecnically folk, etno, jazz or folksinger, is able to give voice to many cultural roots from all the world. Both award are given to the best new and emergent proposals from Italy, in ordet to liven up many stages of the festival.
In particular, Alberto Cesa Award has been create to enhance the new creativity in the traditional music genres.
Both of the selections are selections are meant to be more of a place for artists to meet and form new bonds, while also being a showcase for musicians and groups.
The organization of the this contest is managed, under the attentive supervision of the management of the festival, the editorial staff of www.folkbulletin.com, (a web periodic) and at the end by Folkgiornale (cultural organization).
The selection is caracterized by three levels:
Level A: listening and assessment of the matierial arrive at the offices, by a quality jury. The selected group will perform in territorial selections.
Level B: live exhibition and evaluation by different territorial jury, invited to select groups and artists that will be partecipate to 2018 edition of Folkest.
Level C: during each live exhibition every single jury could indicate some artists or group that are going to partecipate to the final stage of “Alberto Cesa Award”.
Registration is free of charge.
The contest is open to italian artists and groups. The groups at least, must have one member with the italian citizenship.
The partecipation is open also for artists and groups that have produced an album and are owners of record agreement.
The enrollment is forbidden for artists and groups that had won a past edition of this contest or had partecipate to a past edition of the Festival.
Artists and groups must send in a close envelope the following materials:
1. one CD with 2 songs, at least, no more than 4 minutes each. Moreover with each CD the name of the band, the songs titles and the contact of one member of the group must be written and clearly readable..
2. Lyrics of the songs, togheter with an italian translation, if the songs are in other language.
3. One biography, of at least one page;
4. One technical data sheet and a stage plan;
5. If existing, group’s press review;
6. Group is picture (all artists must be recognizable);
7. Personal data (name, surname, address, birthdate and place), mobile number for each artists or group member and band e-mail (or coordinatior’s e-mail).
In addition to the paper support, it will be possible to send the material (from the point 2 to 7) also in elettronic form. (CD-rom or DVD-rom)
At the incontestable discretion of Folkbulletin.com and Folkgiornale Association, some material could be take not considered if it contains elements inompatible with the standard of Civil and Penal Codex or for other contents, directly and indirectly detrimental to good name of organizator and event. This judgment will be unappealable.
Folkbulletin.com and Folkgiornale Association will examine carefully musical repertoire belonging to all genres that for convention could belong to folk, folk-rock, etno, etno-jazz, new acustic, minimal, guitarist, folksinger, trobadours, street artists (musical activity, prevalent).
Utilization of one ore many ethnic instrument in a set of different genre will not constitute element of particular merite.
The use of electronic device will not consitute an element of discrimination to the access at the consecutive step. For the admission to knockout stage following step, is important to perform your own bond with many cultural roots from all over the world.
Selection criteria and prize
1) The chosen groups and artists , will be invited to partecipate at territorial selections that will take place in different locations (this will be communicate in a second moment). Location will be choosen according to geographic criteria, in orther to support the partecipation of everyone that will have pass first selection.
Public exhibitions of groups and artists choosen, will take place in the period that goes from 1th December 2017 and 15th March 2018.
Will be responsability of www.folkbulletin.com and Folkgiornale Association to allocate at each territorial knockout stage the same number of artists/groups and to rationalise their destination for gegraphic area: if this criteria will not turn out to be possible in all circumstance, none will be imputable to the organization.
2) The groups and artists, choosen and assigned at one of the territorial knockout stage, will perform live during that knockout stage in front of the audience and a jury. There will be a first and second classify.
Both aquire the right to exhibit during the 2018 edition of Folkest, in a collocation that would unquestionable choose by the Artistic Management on the festival.
The refund for travels (respectively for three slot kilomiteers from, 150, 250, 500 euro) food and accomodation will be at the expense of Folkgiornale Association and will be plan previusly with the Amministration Office of Folkest.
3) All the partecipants will be delivered a box set containing Folkest dischi discography production as award.
1) The winner of each selection evening, will partecipate at public election on the Facebook page for the event.
The first three classified, acquire the right to partecipate to the final event that decree the winner of Suonare@folkest 2018.
2) The jury of the different event will choose one or more artists that at their unquestionable judge, will be in the list for the assignment of the Premio Cesas 2018. The absolute winner aquires the right to exhibit during the Folkest festival 2018 edition, during the final evening.
Deadline and general rule
The material must be send compulsorily by 31th October 2017 (will do faith postmark) at:
“SUONARE @ FOLKEST-PREMIO ALBERTO CESA”
c/o Associazione Culturale Folkgiornale
Viale Barbacane, 17
33097 SPILIMBERGO (PN)
Folkbulletin.com and Folkgiornale Association
Will communicate to you by letter, email and/or call, furhermore will give them all the details relative to their partecipation at the territorial knockout stage.
All the material send will not be returned.
Folkbulletin.com and the Folkest association will take into consideration only who have respect all guidelines.
Folkbulletin.com and Folkgiornale association will assure that personal data will respect the privacy and used only for our proposal. On request, these data could be delated or amended.
For any information:
Folkest Administrative Office: +39 0427 512330